You are unique and special. Remember that. You deserve the love from people who surround you, but most of all you need to be aware that loving yourself is also essential part of being happy.
Expressing self-love is a very challenging thing, especially when we go through some difficult periods in our lives.
We are not talking about being narcissistic or self-absorbed, we are talking about getting in touch with your inner self and your well-being.
Practicing self-love will push you through your limiting beliefs and allow you to live a happy and fulfilled life.
So do yourself a favor, take a deep breath, give yourself a little hug and start practicing the following:
- Start the day off by looking yourself in the mirror and telling yourself something positive. Today is going to be a perfect day, I look lovely this morning etc. You will be amazed by the positive effects this will have on you.
- Eat and drink foods and drinks that are healthy and good for your body.
- Surround yourself with positive and happy people who love you and motivate you to be a better person.
- Don’t believe everything you think. There is always a little critical voice inside us that stops us from living the life fully.
- Don’t compare yourself with other people. Also don’t compare your life with theirs. You need to live your life, not theirs.
- Follow your passion. The thing that excites you and scares you at the same time. Do what you love and you will always be happy.
- Put an end to all toxic relationships. Anyone who makes you feel that you are not worthy , shouldn’t be in your life.
- Try new things. This means stepping out of your comfort zone. The feeling is amazing when you realize that you could do something you thought you couldn’t.
- Be patient and persistent. Self-love is always evolving, so be kind and loving to yourself during hard times.
- Be grateful. When you have a bad day , find something (no matter how unimportant or small it seems to be) to be grateful for. This will help you shift your mind and energy around what’s going on.
- Take time to relax and calm your mind every day. Breathe in and out, clear your mind of your thoughts and just be. You can start practicing yoga or meditation.
- Learn to say no. It doesn’t mean that you will be considered as a bad person. Sometimes saying no is a smart choice.
- Treat the people around you with love and respect. This will make you feel better about yourself.
- Be realistic. There is no one on this earth that is happy every single moment of every single day. You know the reason why? Because we are all human. We all make mistakes and we all feel emotional sometimes. Allow yourself to be a human.
- Let go of the past. Forget about all the trauma and wounds. This could be a hard experience, so why not turn to your family or friends for support. You must learn how to let go off the weight on your shoulders and move on. You deserve better.
Source : http://www.lifehack.org