With the Holidays quickly approaching us, now is the perfect time to reflect on what we are most Thankful for, and to give thanks to others. At times,
we get so caught up in our own lives, which we fail to spend more time with the ones we love and reach out to others around us. I have always loved November,
to me it is a month of thankfulness and I constantly strive to incorporate acts of gratitude into each day. There is so much that we can do for other during the
holiday season and extend joy to their hearts. Below you will see my top 20 ways of Simple Acts of Gratitude and what you can do to help others in the simplest
- Be creative with your imagination and show someone how much you love them.
- Bake cookies and deliver them to your local nursing home for the elderly patients.
- Make special gift packages and delivery to your local children’s hospital for the sick kids that will be in the hospital during the holidays. Make it fun, arts and crafts, stickers and the like! This will defiantly put smiles on their faces!
- Leave a simple note of encouragement for a stranger in a public place.
- Go out of your way to extend a helping hand to a stranger.
- Leave a simple box of candy or homemade cookies on your co-workers desk, and tell them how grateful you are for them working and helping you.
- Buy coffee for a stranger behind you in line.
- Drop off donations to your local homeless shelter.
- Call and talk to your Grandparents, ask if there is anything they need help with.
- Surprise your husband/ wife/ partner with their favorite homemade meal.
- Make cookies for your neighbors.
- Volunteer your time at your local soup kitchen and help feed the homeless.
- Leave a surprise for your mailman in your mail box.
- Hold the door open for another person.
- Help your elderly neighbors by raking their leaves in their yard, and if it’s snowing where you live, shovel their driveway and sidewalks, for their safety.
- Make up a special care package for a special friend that lives out of state and mail it to them.
- Smile to strangers, and offer them compliments.
- Treat your co-worker to lunch.
- Make a list of everything you are grateful for this year!
- Happy Thanksgiving! Write a note for each of your guests at your dinner table telling them why you are so thankful for them to be a part of your life.
There are so many simple ways we can express gratitude everyday of our lives. Same goes for sharing kindness to others, it truly is the simplest thing in the
world to do and it can defiantly make someone’s day! Not to mention, when we take time and do for others, it grows our heart and makes us feel good
as a person!