Being confident starts from within; we’re all unique in our own ways and we should be proud of the person that we are! All too often I hear others comparing them selves to others – this need to stop; use your uniqueness and bring it to life! Show people your best qualities and be proud of them! Stop putting yourself down, you are no better or worse than anyone else; we are all equal! How you feel about yourself matter! Below are some tips on how to Improving Your Self Confidence
Tips for Boosting Self Confidence
- Learn to be more expressive! This is really a simple task, our greatest feature is our smile and it’s pleasant, warm and makes others respond by smiling back. Eye contact is important; our eyes say so much about us as they show emotions. When speaking to others, use your voice; be upbeat and personable with others.
- Lead by your strengths, show others what your best attributes are, let your talents come to life and never hide them! This is especially necessary in the work place as your employer will see your skills and your passion which turn into promotions.
- Increase your physical activities, venture out and find a new activity – join you local gym, sign up for a Yoga class, join a softball league, join a bowling league, sign up to run a marathon – the list is endless. The reason I suggest this is because you’re learning something new and the more you do it, the more confident you will become also at the same time you are interacting with new people and creating new friendships and improving your social skills. This one is fun and it is also great as it reduces stress, improves and increases confidence all at the same time!
- Dress yourself up, your appearance means a lot and it also shows others that you care about yourself. You don’t need to go buy yourself a new wardrobe, just make yourself presentable. Love what you’re wearing, when you look good, it changes the way you feel about yourself and others will pick up on the way you carry yourself.
- Openly talk with others, if you’re at an outing, make conversation with other people. Learn to make new friendships; learn to share your kindness with others and always try to lift others up; inspire people as often as you can. The more outgoing, being open and helpful to others will show people your values and they will appreciate those attributes of you and at the same time this will increase your confidence levels!
- Learn to separate your bad thoughts – once they enter your mind; let them go. Your insecurities and self doubts are not a part of you, they do not represent you! Allow yourself time to do things that make you feel good about yourself! Doing things that bring joy to your heart also help boost your confidence. Don’t be afraid to reach for the stars and try new things! Make time for fun in your life!
Generally most people who have developed a low confidence level stems from something in their past. It can be difficult to rise from those feelings and move forward, but it is necessary for you in your life! Learn to trust in yourself and love yourself for all that you are. Never let the opinions of others affect your inner spirit; remember they are no different than you. Some people will do whatever they can to bring another person down – rise above their level and move on in a positive manner!