Lavender oil has been used since ancient time because of its numerous health benefits. This essential oil has more than 150 ingredients which makes it so powerful and effective. It has the flowing properties: detoxifying, anti-inflammatory, antidepressant, sedative, analgesic etc….
These are some examples of clinical trials on lavender aromatherapy:
- It was discovered that lavander oil has anxiolytic activity in aromatherapy in patients in intensive care units. The patients were given at least 1 session of aromatherapy with 1 percent lavender essential oil. The first treatment showed significant anxiolytic effects, although second and third treatments didn’t appear to as effective as the first one.
- Lavender causes changes in the autonomic nervous system.Lavender aromatherapy may reduce the perception of pain and the need for conventional drugs in both adults and children.
- Lavender aromatherapy on anxiety in female patients being treated with chronic hemodialysis showed great results. Lavender aroma decreased the score of HAMA, rating scale for anxiety, showing that it works as an effective noninvasive treatment of anxiety in hemodialysis patients.
- People receiving lavender oil (10%) olfaction for three minutes felt more relaxed and had improved mood and increased speed of mathematical calculations.
Lavender Lemonade Recipe
- 5 cups pure water
- 1/4 cup dried lavender. dried, organic culinary lavender ( or 1 drop lavender essential oil)
- 1 cup raw honey
- 6 lemons, peeled and juiced
Method of preparation:
- Pour half of the water in a pan and bring it to boil
- Add the honey and the dried lavender after you remove the pan from heat
- Let it steep for about twenty minutes
- Strain and transfer into another container
- Add the other half of the water and the lemon juice
- Keep it in the fridge
Other ways you can use Lavender for Anxiety and Headaches
- Add two drops of lavender per ounce of unrefined organic oil, such as olive or almond oil, for a body oil which improves skin`s quality, boosts mood, and repels insects.
- If you have dry skin, mix 5-6 drops of lavender essential oil to your bath water
- To relieve stress, diffuse 10-12 drops of lavender into the air